Columbus Dental Assisting Policy & Procedures
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. High school seniors can attend if they are maintaining a B average and has written consent from the school guidance counselor and parent if under 18.
- Must have at least started the Hep B vaccination process when applying.
- Must have filled out an application form for Columbus Dental Assisting
- Must have completed an enrollment form and paid the registration fee of $100.
- Students cannot miss more than 20% of the course, otherwise, they will not receive a certificate of completion.
- If a student misses more than 20% of the course, the institution may dismiss the student, and be given a pro-rated refund.
- Students must show up on time for every course. After 15 minutes past the start time you are considered tardy, after 3 tardies you have accumulated a 10% absence
- If a class falls on a holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New year’s day, 4th of July,) there will be no class and class will resume as normal the following week.
- The course runs for 8 weeks, offered 3 times a year,
- Classes are every Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, with a half-hour lunch break. In-person classes will focus on hands-on clinical training. Class lectures are completed online on your own time.
Program start dates for 2021 are:
- Fall 2021- September 17th-November 5th
- Students must wear provided scrubs with closed-toed shoes. Hair must be pulled back, nails must be short and clean. No jewelry more than stud earrings and a wedding ring may be worn during lab time.
- Students must bring their safety glasses to every class.
Cost of tuition
- Total cost of tuition is $3,350 tuition includes:
- Registration fee- $100
- Radiology license
- Instrument kit
Midterm worth 20% of your grade
Final written worth 40% of your grade
Final clinical worth 40% of your grade
- Class size will not exceed 15 students per course
To receive a certificate of completion you must:
- Complete course with attendance 80% or more
- Complete Radiology certification
- Tuition must be paid in full
- The student must have maintained at least a 70% grade average
- Students must have completed 8 hours of externship in a dental office
Termination and Re-Admittance
- Grounds for termination by the school include but are not limited to:
- Failure to comply with school policies or dress code, delinquent payments, displaying disruptive, offensive or threatening behavior.
- Students that have been dismissed from a previous course, will not be re-admitted to a future course
- If a student decides to terminate their enrollment, they must fill out an official withdrawal form and agree to terms before any refund is processed
- Columbus Dental Assisting uses the policy as established in the Ohio administrative Rule 3332-1-10:
- A Student who starts class and officially withdraws before the session is 15% completed is obligated for 25% of the tuition and refundable fees and registration fees
- 25% completed is obligated for 50% of tuition fees
- 40% completed is obligated for 75% of fees
- Students will be not be granted a refund after 40% of the course is completed. If the student is on a payment plan, he/she is still obligated to complete payments
Termination date for refunds is the last day of class the student attended student services
- Students have up to 7 calendar days after registering, to cancel enrollment. The registration fee will not be refunded in any case
- Refunds will be received within 30 days of official withdrawal
- In case of severe illness or accident, or other circumstances, both parties will come to a fair reimbursement agreement.
- Full reimbursement will be given if the program is discontinued and students cannot complete it or the course is postponed.
⦁ If you refer a friend who enrolls and registers in our program you will receive a $50 gift card!
The course runs for 8 weeks, offered 3 times a year,
Classes are every Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, with a half-hour lunch break. In-person classes will focus on hands-on clinical training. Class lectures are completed online on your own time.
Fall 2021 Course: September 17th-November 5th
Tuition & Fees
Includes: Registration Fee, Tuition, Books, Uniform, Radiology License, & Instrument Kit with Tote
Total Cost $3,350
Tuition Payment Schedule
All Payments are due in full, prior to course beginning, or by the selected payment plan:
Payment Option #1:
- $100 due at registration
- $3,250 due on the first week of class
- Total tuition: $3,350
Payment Option #2:
- $100 due at registration
- $1900 due on the first week of class
- $195 weekly payments
- Total Tuition: $3,365
Payment Option #3:
- $100 due at registration
- $410 weekly payments
- Total Tuition: $3,380
Students have up to five calendar days after registering, to cancel enrollment. The registration fee will not be refunded. Any tuition refunds will be received within 30 days of official withdrawal. In case of severe illness or accident, or other circumstances, both parties will come to a fair reimbursement agreement. Full reimbursement will be given if the program is discontinued and students cannot complete it, or if the course is postponed.
If the student is not accepted into the training program, all monies paid by the student shall be refunded. Refunds for books, supplies and consumable fees shall be made in accordance with Ohio Administrative Code section 3332-1-10.1.
See our Policy & Procedures for more detailed information.